Thursday, April 24, 2014

Monday

I am a sophomore in college, but a junior with credits. I transferred a little over a semester's worth of credits from high school. The people who made my day on Monday originated from my small town. I am a double major with a minor. I will graduated with a degree in AYA Social Studies (Adolescent Young Adult) which is grades 7-12. This will allow me to teach anything social studies related, which is history, political science, economics, and psychology. I had to major in one of those, so I chose to major in Psychology. I also will have a minor in history. My ultimate goal is to either be a teacher or school psychologist. After my years at Muskingum I will further my education in either psychology or education.
I initially went to school to be a nurse. This lasted about two weeks. I did not know what I wanted to do at all and it seemed like a good decision at the time. I love going back home and talking to my old teachers. One day over fall break my freshman year I went into the high school and visited my Calculus teacher, Mrs. Arnold. I was never very good at Pre Calc or Calculus, but I sure did try. Mrs. Arnold was one of the best teachers I ever had, and she was just a great person to be around. After talking with her for a while, it kind of just came to me that what I really wanted to do was teach. Even in my journals from when I was a child I wanted to be a "techer."
When I went back to school I changed my major and have never regretted that decision. The people who made my day are all from home. Mrs. Arnold, along with some other entities of the Miami East High School staff have impacted my life so positively. To graduate on time I must take some summer classes. I did not have any idea how to go about this so I called my old guidance counselor. One of the perks of coming from a small town is that everyone knows who you are. Right when I said my first name he knew and helped me so much. I am unbelievably grateful for the town I grew up in and wish that one day my family will be able to experience the same.

Our Calculus class my senior year

No comments:

Post a Comment