Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sunday


Today was the lovely day of Easter. The person who made my day would of course have to be my Savior.
My day started out with the typical Easter egg hunt. I am 20 and my brother is 18. My mother still insists on Easter egg hunts no matter our age. I then made breakfast, which is out of the norm for me. I am the most awful cook but try my best and have to learn. I will be living in my own house next year so I must make sure I won't starve to death. I made scrambled eggs with peppers, ham, and cheese on the inside. I also made coffee crumb cake. Please note that no one got food poisoning. I was pretty delicious. After breakfast my mom started preparing for the big meal. I had some other stuff to do, like get gas at my father's gas station. My dad owns an Action GBW Sunoco in Troy, Ohio. I have worked there since I was 16. It is always great seeing him. I got gas and then went back to my father;s house to get some work done. My brother is graduating in June and we are having a big celebration at our house. Our family is flying out from all over the country, like New York, Arizona, and California. We are preparing for everyone's arrival. I decided that we should go through everything in our house, from top to bottom. When my parents got divorced a lot of things got boxed up and stowed away. Lets just say most of it my father would not even recognize being gone and I made two trips to Goodwill. After a few hours of cleaning our Easter supper was ready. It was a gorgeous meal, with ham and numerous sides. To top it off my mom made a chocolate pie with meringue crust. I've never tasted something so glorious. I had to come back to campus Sunday and left at four. A girl that I played softball with is from the same area as me so she tagged along. This weekend at home was wonderful and definitely needed. None of this would have been possible though if it weren't for my Lord. Every single day my day is made wonderful by him, but Easter is always a great time to make it known.

No comments:

Post a Comment