Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wednesday

This week has been a struggle to say the least. My sorority held an event in honor of one of our sisters getting engaged. It was at an old building in the middle of nowhere in a gym. It was like high school prom all over again. This party started off great. Everyone was having fun and eating cake, then it seemed like all hell broke loose. A fight started between a group of guys for an unknown reason. All of their dates were crying and it was just a mess. Drinks were being spelt everywhere and a guy even peed in the stairwell. It was a very confusing time. And being sober, I remember all of it. My date unfortunately was of age so he had been drinking and does not remember a whole lot. The worst of the night happened towards the end, when someone (a guy) ripped the plumbing out in the boys' bathroom. Why someone would do that, I do not know. 
So many sisters were arguing and bickering. This was hard to watch as a newer member because I look up to these girls, and it felt like no one was taking responsibility. The reason I wrote about the occurrence is because it really took a toll on me the past few days. After breaking up with my boyfriend Sunday morning because of actions he did unconsciously that night, my brain and emotions were a handful. The one person that got me through this week is my best friend Rylee. I met here our first semester here at Muskingum. Both of her parents went here and she is from Westerville. She goes here on the John Glenn scholarship. Rylee is probably the smartest person I have ever met. There is not one person in this world that understands and gets me like she does. It is such an amazing feeling knowing whole-heartedly that at such a young age I met the woman that would one day be my maid of honor.
She is loved by my family and friends. This past summer I went to visit my sister in Oregon with my brother and father, and Rylee came as well. She attends my family events and everything. Some people say we act like we are dating, which may be true, but we both know deep down that our level of friendship might come off that way to some people. We smile and laugh well aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment