Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sunday

The day of the Miley Cyrus concert finally came. My sorority sisters and I bought these tickets about seven months ago. I do not really listen to Miley Cyrus a lot but my new member class was all going and I thought it would be a lot of fun. I had such an amazing time. But first the day started very unexpectedly.
My ex boyfriend who I saw on Saturday texted my friend Rylee. He works in the Student Union on Ohio State's campus. I am not exactly sure what his job is, but I know he sets up for events and serves food. He has met so many famous people. Just a few weeks ago he met the actor who plays Ted Mosby on "How I Met Your Mother." When Rylee read her phone, her face dropped. The text was "Currently serving Taylor Swift." If you know anything about Rylee or her sisters, it is that Taylor Swift is their life. Naturally, we got all loaded up in their car ASAP and started on our was to campus. Wes, the boy, was updating us on what they were doing. Taylor was there for a bridal shower and no one knew. We got to the room where she was and sat and waited. I really do enjoy Taylor, but not to the extent of Rylee or her younger sister Logan. Long story short, we got within about ten feet of her but her body guard was very strict and wouldn't let us get pictures. It was still a great experience.
We got lunch at Canes on campus then headed back to Rylee's house to get ready for the Miley Cyrus concert. To my shock the concert was very well controlled. There was not a crazy amount of people everywhere and it was very organized. The performance was incredible. I did not think I would enjoy it as much as I did.
The girls who made my day were all my sorority sisters. I have gained so many new friends during this experience and loved all of them. Sara and Malikka are both great and so much fun. Rylee has always been such a great friend to me. Sharing this weekend with all of them strengthened our friendship and bond so much.  I never thought I could meet friends at college that would become closer to me than my friends from back home, but it happened. I signed a lease for a house with two girls I did know in the slightest at the beginning of the year. And now I would not be surprised if they were bridesmaids in my wedding one day. Its funny how some things work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment