Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thursday

As the school year is winding down, there are a few people I have realized that made this semester something to remember forever.
The first person is one of my teachers, Dr. Dunak. She is my history teacher and I have never loved a class so much. At the beginning of the semester she had us fill out student expectations. I wrote that I genuinely love history and am excited to just be in the class and learn. But I also wrote about how as a future teacher, I want to learn about her teaching style and pick up and strategies that I think I would like to have in the future. This is the most interactive and diverse class I have every been in. Whether the students are auditory, kenesthetic, or visual learners, there is no way they won't succeed in the class. We watch movie clips, listen to songs, read letters from the time period we are studying. Just yesterday we watched an episode of “That 70's Show” and it was great. I never realized how much I could learn about the social issues of the 70's by watching a sitcom of teenagers who smoke weed every day. I have done a few lesson plans modeling her teaching style and they have all succeed. I am always looking for ways to improve my teaching strategies and she has taught me so much more than the United States since 1877.
The other person who has really made this semester great for me is my little, Madison. She is so great and I never thought that I would take a little only a few months after I activated. Tomorrow is the senior ceremony and knowing that with my big graduating we can continue our family line with no problem. Our relationship has not fully developed yet but I think it works out very well. We both work a ton and leave every few weekends because of our boyfriends so we both live pretty busy lives. It is such a great and fulfilling feeling to know that I will always have someone as a little, and to spoil :D She is the crafty one of the two of us though. These are just two people that have made my semester so much fun and interesting.
My little (in the middle and big (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment